Contracts Administrator - Level 2/3
United States-Maryland-Linthicum, United States
17 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Contract Administrator to support its Payload and Ground Space Systems team. This position will be located in Linthicum, MD. This position can be hired at a Level 2 or Principal Level 3 and will follow a 9/80 work schedule. This schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
The Contract Administrator is responsible for supporting proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities to provide and ensure proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer requirements. You will be an embedded member of the program management team, supporting program success and new growth opportunities across the portfolio.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as primary interface with customer for contractual issues
- Monitor contract and associated program to ensure that contractual obligations are communicated and understood
- Participate in contract proposal preparation, contract negotiations, contract administration, and customer contract activities to manage assigned contracts in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Work under general supervision to develop solutions to both routine and complex contractual matters to ensure company compliance with contract requirements on assigned programs
- Ensure fulfillment of contract requirements, manage contract changes and maintain historical information
- Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters
- Enter and maintain contract data into Contract Management System or Enterprise Accounting System
- Ensure timely delivery of all contractual deliverables and submission of invoices
Basic Qualifications for a Level 2:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years’ experience in a contracts related field – OR – Master’s degree with 1+ year of experience in a contracts related field
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years’ experience in a contracts related field – OR – Master’s degree with 4+ year of experience in a contracts related field
Basic Qualification for both levels:
- Will consider an additional 4+ years of contracts experience in lieu of degree
- Current, active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Familiarity with FAR, DFARS and/or government regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe
Preferred Qualifications for both levels:
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS and government regulations
- Experience with Cost-Type or Firm Fixed Price contracting types
- Current, active DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance