Senior Contracts Specialist - REMOTE
Telework Location, Maryland, United States
21 days ago
a.i. solutions is looking for a motivated individual with practical knowledge of government contract management. This individual must commit to accurately following tasks through to completion while demonstrating resiliency in overcoming obstacles. Primary responsibilities will involve identifying contractual risks and tracking proposed mitigations and corrective actions to closure. Communicate within and outside the organization to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and approaches. This role provides contract support to division leads and senior management and requires proficiency in routine and non-routine contract actions. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to embrace the a.i. solutions mission and work to continually exceed the expectations of our customers.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide contract administration support to internal and external customers.
- Matrixed position reporting to the Director of Contracts and assigned Division Director(s).
- Serves as a contract professional responsible for all aspects of contract management, including work standards, schedules, and execution.
- Provide full-cycle contract administration support to the Mission Services Operating Unit, supporting various agencies, including NASA, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Space Force, and the Missile Defense Agency.
- Oversees the preparation of reviews, negotiates, and executes (within defined authority level) contract amendments, modifications, change orders, and new work orders.
- Prepares, negotiates, and executes non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Negotiates and administers contracts for services, materials, and equipment required for contract execution both as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor.
- Analyzes requirements, recommends revisions to the contract and supporting documentation, determines contract type, form, and special provisions, prepares all acquisition-related documentation, and responds to inquiries.
- Prepares solicitation documents, including a draft contract with special provisions unique to that acquisition.
- Issues requests for proposals and analyzes proposals for conformance with the solicitation.
- Participates in proposal support and preparation of Contract Volumes or OCI Volumes and reviews all solicitation documents for compliance and submission of proposals.
- Issues a contract change direction, establishes pre-negotiation and profit/fee objectives, conducts negotiations, and prepares and executes or recommends execution of contract modifications, defining changes negotiated.
- Interprets contract provisions and provides appropriate advice and guidance, closes out contracts.
- Ensure adherence to company purchasing and subcontracting policies and procedures and that all files are accurate and auditable.
- Assists with General Services Agency (GSA) MAS schedule, System Award Management (SAM), and Dunn & Bradstreet (D&B) updates for the company.
- Accepts and collaborates with team members on ad hoc assignments and takes ownership of projects and tasks as assigned.
- Available to travel approximately once a quarter or more frequently as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 years of diversified experience and progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract negotiation, administration, or management.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret security clearance.
- U.S. citizenship
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
- Ability to quickly connect in-person and in writing, and to actively listen and perceive the needs, values, or opinions of others.
- Proactivity in identifying and addressing challenges that result in risk mitigation.
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environments.
- Ability to establish and maintain team-oriented working relationships with internal and Government customers.
EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled