Senior Principal Systems/Software Test Automation Engineer (Space Systems)
United States-California-Redondo Beach, United States
3 months ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are seeking a Senior Principal Software Test Automation Engineer who wants to support ground integration and test and segment integration and test activities in addition to solving interesting, complex problems to help protect our nation. We are a trusted mission payload and ground system provider with extensive experience providing end-to-end mission solutions from concept through operations and support. The team you will support is located at our Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA.
What you’ll get to do?
Key responsibilities include:
- Utilize software development skills to design, code, and implement front-end (e.g. Web GUI/HMI) and backend tests
- Participate in full software product life cycle with many Agile scrum teams
- Participate Agile sprint planning, daily stand-ups (if necessary), sprint reviews, and sprint retrospective meetings
- Develop, plan and execute Acceptance Test plans for both factory and site environments
- Ensure thorough, clear, and complete documentation is created and maintained for required deliveries
- Create executive briefings when necessary
- Provide weekly status to management
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 9+ years of engineering experience (7+ with a MS, 5+ with a PhD)
- Active SCI access and/or DoD Top Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or other STEM-related field
- Experience in test procedure development and test planning
- Experience developing automated product tests for both front-end (e.g. Web GUI/HMI) and backend software
- Proficient with at least one object-oriented programming language (Java, Java Script, C, C++, C#, Python)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Demonstrated problem solving and test configuration troubleshooting skills
- Self Starter who takes initiative and is able to multi-task in a high pace environment
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, often for extended periods (up to two months’ duration.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Agile Software methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Zephyr Scale, Confluence
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with browser test automation with tools such as Selenium
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit,
- Experience in troubleshooting of complex systems
- Experience in working as part of a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with virtual machines (VMs)
- Familiarity with networking and firewall configuration
- Security+ Certification
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or other STEM-related field