Lead Administrative Assistant
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
19 days ago
Support NASA missions! The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is a multi-mission science and flight operations center for NASA’s flagship observatories on the Johns Hopkins University Homewood campus in Baltimore, Maryland. Learn more about our missions.
STScI’s Business Support Branch seeks a Lead Administrative Assistant (#0010424) for the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) Mission Office. We’re looking for an extremely organized, independent individual who can perform a variety of administrative projects with discretion and good judgment in this high-profile position.
This role supports hybrid work. Onsite support on our Baltimore campus is required Tuesday and Wednesday each week, and the 2nd Thursday of each month. Additional days might be required as requested by Management. Candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to our local market. (MD, DE, VA, PA, DC & WV).
This role requires the highest level of competency with Microsoft Office, protocols and processes to professionally support the JWST Mission Office. You will participate in many facets of Mission Office processes, which include:
- Create and edit monthly and quarterly contract reports. These reports are completed according to schedule with careful attention to detail
- Process a high volume of travel documents, check requests, invoices and purchase requisitions
- Coordinate executive meetings, onsite meeting support, travel planning, etc.
- Maintain detailed budget records and expense tracking. Coordinate with Accounting, Accounts Payable, and others to ensure all accounts are in order and materials and services are maintained in good status
- Work with STScI staff to build working knowledge of Institute-wide practices and procedures
- Ability to follow established protocols and interpret and offer suggestions for process improvement
Your Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support or equivalent
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work requests, stay organized
- Ability to handle confidential information while exhibiting the highest level of discretion and good judgment
- Ability to cultivate and develop collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a scientific, academic or technical environment preferred
Substitution of additional relevant education and/or experience for stated qualifications may be considered.
The annual salary range is $60-70K, depending on skills and experience.
- Employer retirement contribution – direct STScI contribution of 10% of your salary from your first day
- 12 days of vacation accrued annually, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of sick leave
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision/prescription plans, and more!
TO APPLY: Please upload a resume, cover letter and online application using this link:
Applications received by February 18, 2024 will receive full consideration. Applications received after this date will be considered until the position is filled.
Explore all career opportunities at www.stsci.edu/opportunities
STScI offers a flexible and welcoming workspace for all. STScI embraces the diversity of our staff as a strategic priority in creating a first-rate community. We strongly encourage women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for these opportunities. Veterans, disabled individuals, or wounded warriors needing assistance with the employment process can contact us at [email protected] EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
As a leader in the astronomical community, AURA is committed to diversity and inclusion. AURA develops and supports programs that advance our organizational commitment to diversity, broaden participation, and encourage the advancement of diversity throughout the workforce www.auraastronomy.org/diversity.asp
As a recipient of U.S. Government funding, AURA is considered a government contractor subject to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, AURA and all of the centers do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender identity expression, lawful political affiliations, veteran status, disability, and any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The statements below, as well as the requests for self-identification, are required under these regulations. We encourage your participation in meeting these federal reporting requirements for protection and assisting us in our record-keeping and reporting. Your responses are kept strictly confidential.