Launch Operations Controller II - Second Shift (R39299)
Space Coast, FL, United States
21 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is a part of the Test & Flight Operations team, providing centralized support to business units with a focus on the design, build, and maintenance of the ground systems, test, and launch facilities across multiple locations.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of engineers, technicians, and specialists, you will coordinate the launch complex activities to include operations control, pad maintenance, kitting of hardware/test equipment, deconfliction of hazardous clear zones, and integration/testing for multiple projects at Launch Complex 36. The Operations Controller works closely with launch vehicle processing, refurbishment operations, and ground operations teams to determine the needs and constraints of the Integration Facility, Refurbishment Facility, and pad systems usage/outages along with the scheduling of shared resources/equipment. Additionally, The Launch Complex Operations Controller will assist in the development of the integration/testing flows and processing plans based on the program schedule, customer need dates, labor, and equipment resource availability.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor on-site operations to provide real-time status to on-site crews and update visual management boards with current job/program status.
- Ensure parts and equipment are available and delivered to support scheduled work.
- Work problems of diverse scope using detailed data analysis that will require complex decision making.
- Act as the hands-on gatekeeper for launch pad operations by orchestrating the tactical execution of all operations at the launch complex.
- Maintain situational awareness of all activities, interactions, hazards, weather, and personnel locations on the pad and will be accountable for facilitating the starting and stopping of operations as needed.
- We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- This position is scheduled to work Second Shift Monday-Friday, 3pm - 12am
- Bachelor of Science degree or 8 years of experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in operations or production control planning and schedule execution, with experience in space/aerospace operations preferred.
- High digital literacy with a high proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Skills to include bias for action, good communication during high pace work environments, ability to take command of a situation, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work full-time schedule, overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to pass the security background check to work at federal reservations.
- Based upon job duties, may need to work in various areas that may cause exposure to fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- This position is scheduled to work Second Shift Monday-Friday, 3:30pm – 12:30am.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience managing operations at a Space Launch Complex.
- Expert skill level with Microsoft Project.
- Expert skill level with Material Requirements Planning/Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills.
- Experience coordinating with Space Launch Delta 45 Range Operations Squadron and Cape Canaveral Launch Operations and Infrastructure Support contracts.
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.