16 days ago
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join the MDA Legal team. In this role, you will provide legal advice and support on matters relating to commercial transactions, regulatory issues and corporate initiatives for MDA's corporate group and its Robotics & Space Operations, Satellite Systems, Geointelligence and MDA UK business units.
- Provide timely guidance and risk analysis on all types of legal issues including domestic and international commercial contracts, corporate governance, corporate finance, intellectual property/licensing transactions, new business initiatives and corporate structuring
- Review complex commercial contracts and support contract negotiations with external and internal stakeholders
- Provide legal support on M&A, joint ventures and other strategic initiatives
- Provide legal support to the Security and Compliance team on a variety of matters including anti-corruption and third party due diligence, export control, and safeguarding classified information
- Supervise and coordinate with external counsel where needed, including on annual public company disclosure related matters
- Assist with the creation, revision and implementation of policies, as well as certain standard form MDA commercial agreements
- Provide guidance on issues arising from actual or anticipated litigation
- B or JD from an accredited law school and member in good standing of a Canadian provincial bar
- 2-4 years post-call experience as a lawyer either in-house or with a top-tier law firm with a practice emphasis on domestic and international commercial transactions (preferably in the aerospace, defence or high-technology sectors) and M&A. Previous experience with public company disclosure requirements as well as transactions with governments is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to provide business-oriented legal advice and recommendations
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to present clear and practical legal arguments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong business judgment with an understanding of when to ask for guidance or input
- Excellent organizational skills, effectively managing priorities while meeting timelines
- Eligible to qualify for Controlled Goods Program and NATO Secret security clearances
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.