Finance Director - New Glenn (R38703)
Seattle, WA, United States
a month ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
As part of a hardworking team of diverse Finance professionals, you will be responsible for leading and developing a finance team while partnering with product line leaders to design and produce complex systems for the New Glenn Business Unit. Named after pioneering astronaut John Glenn, New Glenn is a single-configuration heavy-lift launch vehicle capable of carrying people and payloads routinely to Earth orbit and beyond. Featuring a reusable first stage built for 25 missions, New Glenn will build a road to space. Our team is seeking a proactive leader with excellent financial acumen and attention to detail that can thrive and support our mission in this fast-paced, high-growth environment.
As a New Glenn Finance Director, you will provide critical analysis and insight, drive performance improvement and predictability, and be responsible for product line financial leadership across the full lifecycle of the New Glenn Program. You will provide support for strategic operating decisions that impact vehicle development, recurring costs of manufacturing, and profitable launch operations. As a self-starter, you’ll be tasked with supporting the build-out of the financial infrastructure and a scalable finance function that has the right people, processes, and tools to enable growth. Partnering with product line leadership, you will collaborate and communicate to solve challenging problems and help build a best-in-class business.
This role reports directly to the New Glenn CFO and will drive critical initiatives to improve the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of insights provided to senior and executive leadership.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Availability for on-site work in Kent, WA, or Merritt Island, FL required, and relocation is provided!
- Partner with the product line Vice President as a Finance Business Partner and advisor
- Analyze and minimize variances in the financial performance of product line programs
- Develop and deliver product line financial commitments, business plans, and investment returns
- Establish finance operational strategies and drive Product Business Case development
- Lead and develop the Finance team, supporting their career development and team engagement
- Lead cost reduction initiatives and ensure optimal use of investments
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead, develop, and grow diverse teams
- Understand financial documents and performance metrics
- Strategic and results-oriented collaborator with multiple stakeholders; able to manage large-scale projects and reprioritize as necessary
- Strong analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills with expertise in Excel financial modeling
- Experience utilizing ERP tools, financial and operational databases, and accounting software
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 12+ years of professional finance experience, including in R&D or manufacturing industries
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing a team
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with Deltek, Coupa, and Planful software tools
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.