3 months ago
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
MDA is seeking an experienced Network Analyst to be a part of the growing Networking and Security Team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead projects in support of MDA IT initiatives, provide network expertise for satellite, robotics and ground system projects, analyze and spreadsheet improvements to the company’s network infrastructure and performance. This position requires a strong understanding of networking infrastructure and hardware, and the ability to implement and troubleshoot network technologies such as wireless, firewalls, switches, secure web gateways, and routers. An in-depth knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is an asset.
- Leads networking projects to support MDA IT initiatives.
- Proactively initiate, execute, and test enhancements to existing networking and security configuration, technologies and procedures.
- Implement and document new IT networking and security technologies.
- Perform analysis and monitoring of complex LAN and WAN architectures.
- Proactively analyze, monitor, and scale up company-wide network performance to meet business requirements.
- Provide operational support of MDA’s networking and security environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology-related field of study with a network engineering focus.
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer/Analyst designing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise LANs and WANs, firewalls, wireless, and secure web gateways.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, and takes the initiative to prioritize tasks under minimal supervision.
- Positive thinker who can work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to quickly learn and adapt new networking and security technologies.
- Ability to create both high and low-level network diagrams and documentation for the design and planning of network communication systems.
- Operational support tasks outside of business hours may be required.
- Experience with WAN, LAN, firewalls, SDN, SD-WAN, secure web gateways, and network access control.
- Experience with network monitoring solutions.
- Experience with configuring and managing public cloud-based networks.
- Experience with managing Cisco-based LAN and WAN solutions.
- Experience with managing HPE/Aruba wireless and security solutions.
- Experience with managing SASE solutions such as Zscaler.
- Experience with networking automation tools.
- Certifications such as CCNP, GIAC or equivalent.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP)
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.