Program Cost Control Analyst - Senior Principal
United States-Utah-Magna, United States
3 months ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. The Propulsion Systems (PS) Business Unit focuses on solid rock motors for diverse Government and Commercial customers.
We are seeking a Program Cost Control Analyst - Senior Principal to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will support our Launch & Missile Defense Systems - Propulsion Systems Programs. Our analyst will be located at our Magna, UT facility and will have the ability to work a hybrid work schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Setting up cost control system, monitoring and controlling costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system
- Performing analyses and preparing reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters
- Preparing budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assisting in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis
- Preparing program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled
- Monitoring funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures and preparation of expenditure projections
- Incorporating contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines
- Performing miscellaneous financial analysis including monthly financial reporting/forecasting and quarterly EACs
- Continually assessing and improving financial reporting processes to enhance efficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years professional work experience – OR – Master’s Degree and 8+ years professional work experience
- Additional 4+ years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Microsoft Office experience, including MS Excel, will be needed for the role
- Experience working with Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Financial or accounting experience
Preferred Qualifications for both levels:
- Experience with SAP, Deltek CostPoint, Deltek Cobra/MPM, Oracle Primavera
- Department of Defense (DoD) experience
- Aerospace, Space, or Defense industry experience
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.Salary Range: $95,000.00 - $142,400.00The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.