Sr. Electron Beam Welding Specialist (R37625)
Space Coast, FL, United States
20 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
New Glenn: This role supports the development and operations of New Glenn, a single-configuration, heavy-lift orbital launch vehicle capable of routinely carrying people and payloads to low-Earth orbit, geostationary transfer orbit, cislunar, and beyond. Its first stage is fully reusable, and the vehicle was designed from the beginning to be human-capable.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse Welders, Fabricators, and engineers, you will Fabricate, and Weld flight hardware for various spaceflight systems fluid components using various mechanized and manual welding techniques. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of these operations ensuring safety, quality, and productivity. Mechanical aptitude, ability to follow detailed technical instructions and clearly communicate both verbal and written instructions is paramount. In this role you will collaborate with engineering to implement and refine new manufacturing processes.
This position will report to the Weld Shop Supervisor and directly supports our manufacturing integration teams.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter and driven.
- 5+ years of experience in using automated welding equipment to include but not limited to electron beam, mechanized TIG, laser, resistance seam and plasma arc welding.
- 8+ years GTAW welding experience in an aerospace or precision manufacturing production environment.
- Metallurgical knowledge.
- Must be able to author/Develop weld schedules that meet AWS D17.1 Class A inspections requirements.
- 10+ years of experience GTAW welding Inconel.
- Ability to fabricate and use hand tools on an expert level.
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50lbs.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be able to pass a written math test and a practical Weld Test (1F, 3F, 2G, 3G and 6G).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Some technical coursework and/or AA technical degree/equivalent.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Willingness to mentor lower level welders.
- Green/Black belt 5S certification.
- Current GTAW certifications in accordance with AWS D17.1.
- Expert level of confidence in aerospace manufacturing specifications for large complex thick wall tubes, thin wall ducts, and welded assemblies.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment. (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.)
Work 1st or 2nd shift, as well as weekends and overtime, when necessary
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.