Senior Automation Engineer
Westminster, CO, United States
14 days ago
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Intelligence is a provider of secure, precise, geospatial intelligence. We deliver disruptive value to government and commercial customers to help them monitor, understand and navigate our changing planet. Our unique approach combines decades of deep mission understanding and a proven commercial and defense foundation to deploy solutions and deliver insights with unrivaled speed, scale and cost effectiveness. We are hiring immediately for a Senior Automation Engineer to join our team in Westminster, CO.
What you will do day to day with your colleagues:
We enable Maxar infrastructure teams to deploy and maintain compliant systems using standards and configuration state management tools specifically curated to suit their compliance requirements. We continuously monitor operational system performance and usage, and continuously refine our tools to reduce complexity, increase reliability, and match timeliness with efficient costs.
In this role you will be responsible for writing playbooks and modules to implement hardening controls and manage configuration tools in a variety of environments at different accreditation levels. You will also play a central role in upgrading, supporting, and optimizing those tools to create a highly available, resilient, and self-healing environment. You will troubleshoot and resolve issues with the automation tools and their implementation, recommending and implementing changes to enhance, stabilize, and secure their ongoing operation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and hold an active U.S. Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or five years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- At least 8 plus years of software development and/or infrastructure engineering experience.
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis
- Demonstrated experience administering Red Hat Linux and its derivatives (CentOS, Rocky, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience writing Ansible playbooks and roles
- Demonstrated experience in Infrastructure as Code (ex. Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Demonstrated experience with one or all of the following: Bash/Python/Perl/Ruby/PowerShell
- Demonstrated experience deploying and managing Red Hat Satellite infrastructures
- Demonstrated experience with LDAP/AD authentication mechanisms
- Demonstrated experience administering Ansible Tower/AWX/AAP
- Demonstrated experience deploying Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP or other)
- Demonstrated experience using source code repositories (Git)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience administering Ubuntu and/or Amazon Linux
- Experience administering Windows (Server and/or Desktop)
- Experience administering Microsoft SCCM
- Experience managing Puppet infrastructures
- Experience with AD Group policies
- Experience implementing compliance standards (eg STIG, CIS, NIST 800-171)
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Agile development experience
Life with Us:
There is a reason we boast awards like Best Employer, Best Place to work, Top employer, candidate experience winner. Our strength is in our people. Each team member makes a unique contribution
to our collective mission. So, we recognize that with best-in-class benefits you would expect from a leading employer such as:
• robust medical, dental, vision with affordable monthly premiums
• Career growth opportunities
• Family friendly benefits like maternity and paternity leave, adoption reimbursement, flexible hours, hybrid work options
• Program to help you grow like tuition reimbursement, hackathons, and career development
• Student loan repayment
• Generous time off
• matching and immediately vest 401K plan
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$102,000.00 - $170,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.