NDT Inspector - Industry Level II - Night Shift (R35981)
Huntsville, AL, United States
22 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of Blue Origin Operations, which is comprised of Integrated Supply Chain, Facilities, and Security. This includes Manufacturing and Supply Chain support across all Blue Origin facilities.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect critical flight hardware for various spaceflight systems.
- Share in the team’s impact on all aspects of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) using multiple inspection methods seeking toward flawless product delivery.
- Utilize various NDT methods for inspection, including:
- Ultrasonic (UT) preferred
- Eddy Current (ET)
- Shearography (ST)
- Radiography (RT) preferred
- Penetrant (PT) Preferred
- Must hold level II certification in Radiography and / or Ultrasonic as well as Dye Penetrant
- Provide previous OJT training and certification documentation
- Confirmed skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- Level II or level III UT certification in immersion, TOFD and phased array methods
- Level II PT certification in dye penetrant methods
- Level II X-ray certification in CR/DR methods.
- Experience in Eddy current (ET) and Shearography (ST) a plus
- Experience in a production environment (preferably in aerospace)
- Two- or four-year college degree in a technical field or equivalent
- AWS-CWI or equivalent certification/experience in visual weld inspection
- Relocation provided
- Shifts available: Night Shift
- Monday- Thursday
- Multiple positions available
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.