Palo Alto, CA, United States
10 days ago
Please review the job details below.
Maxar Space Systems is seeking a Security Manager. This role is based in Palo Alto, CA. This position will be responsible for interpreting security requirements, developing and implementing security programs (plans, procedures, and processes) and engaging Cognizant Security Agencies (CSA) and Government Contracting Authority (GCA) to ensure critical National Security Information (NSI) is protected in accordance with policy and expectations. This position will provide day-to-day Industrial Security support for Collateral and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security activities.
- Implementation and execution of DoD, Collateral and SCI security policies in support of the Intelligence Community (IC) and the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Implementation and execution of national security policies, to include (but not limited to): ICDs, NISPOM, Executive Orders, customer specific directives and instructions, Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), etc.
- Contribution to developing improved security processes and protocol and implementing new ideas with security management
- Send, receive and process inbound and outbound classified mail
- Process incoming and outgoing classified visit requests
- Provide support for Security Education and Awareness programs
- Conduct internal self-inspections in support of program security inspections
- Support the physical security program/infrastructure
- Performance of system, server, and workstation audits and preparation of weekly audit report on findings and anomalies
- Contribute to the continuous monitoring and protection of accredited information systems
- Conduct Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) duties
- Familiarity with Foreign Ownership, Control, and Influence (FOCI) requirements and mitigation agreements
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain SCI accesses
- Bachelor’s degree. Four additional years of work experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated understanding of DoD and SCI customers, policies, and program security execution
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DD-254 process
- Demonstrated with Physical Security requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of national security policies, to include (but not limited to): ICDs, NISPOM, Executive Orders, customer specific directives and instructions, Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), etc.
- Familiarity with the Defense Information Security System (DISS), National Industrial Security System (NISS), Scattered Castles, Information Management Systems, Access Control Systems, and other security-related databases
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals
- Ability to set and balance short and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$119,000.00 - $199,000.00 annually.
Additionally, this position is incentive eligible with a target based on contribution, company performance, and/or individual results achieved; the specific incentive plan and target amount will be determined based on the role and breadth of contributions.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.