4 months ago
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Contracts Specialist on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
- Act as the day to day advisor to the Business Development and Program Management team on contractual matters related to commercial transactions applicable to the Satellite Systems business unit
- Negotiate, draft, review and execute agreements with both commercial and government counterparties
- Provide thorough and timely review/management briefings of documents drafted by other parties identifying, evaluating and mitigating liability and risk exposure to MDA
- Administer customer and subcontractor agreements throughout the life of the contract, including change order management, amendments, claims, and inputting customer contracts into the ERP system
- Provide support to the proposal team, including review of all aspects of the request for proposal, responding to terms and conditions, and proposal submission
- Ensure that commercial transactions of the business are managed in a manner consistent with the relevant contractual obligations
- Support the creation, revision, and implementation of policies, processes and tools related to the origination, drafting, negotiation, signing and subsequent administration of complex commercial transactions
- Such other responsibilities as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Director or Manager of Contracts and Subcontracts
Work Experience requirements :
- 4 to 8 years’ experience as a contracts/transactional professional within the aerospace, defense or high-technology industries, with experience in drafting, negotiating and managing complex and high profile transactions with both commercial and government entities. Previous experience working as a contracts/transactional professional with or within a public company is an asset
- Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with personnel at all levels
- Strong business judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a capacity to build strong working relationships across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to details and thoroughness
- Excellent organizational skills, effectively managing priorities while meeting timelines
- Excellent team player
- Eligible to qualify for Controlled Goods Program and NATO Secret security clearances
- Bilingualism (French/English) is preferred
Education requirements :
- Post secondary degree in business, law, or engineering from a recognized university
Comments/Special Considerations :
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Benefits statement :
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement :
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.