Mojave, California, United States
a month ago
Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
A Facilities Electrician oversees the electrical maintenance on the facilities. Responsibilities include installations, inspections, troubleshooting and repair of basic residential, and advanced commercial high voltage electrical systems on the Mojave site. The Facilities Electrician will be responsible for coordinating with outside vendors for larger jobs, and supporting that work on a technical level. The successful candidate will have an electrical license or certificate, and possess a general awareness of basic building codes and regulations. This individual must also possess a customer-service mentality, outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to accept responsibility for results.
· Manage all electrical facilities on the site
· Installation- Basic wiring for lighting, data, power and equipment systems
· Inspections- Basic electrical components, transformers, circuit breakers
· Troubleshooting- Diagnosis and identification of electrical problems
· Repair- Replacement of lighting, data, power and equipment systems
· Educate coworkers on electrical safety and basic tasks
· Oversee Electrical contractors for large or specialized jobs
· Update as-built drawings early and often
· Follow state & local codes, based on the National Electric Code
· Uphold Procedures
· Inspections- Maintenance, equipment, tools, construction, structures
· Accountability- Equipment sign-out, property control, tool usage
· Documentation - maintain detailed records
· Training- Currency, sustainment, certifications
· Inspections & maintenance- Equipment, shop tools, routine maintenance
· Drawings- Buildings, modifications, equipment, electrical, plumbing, data systems
· Coordinate with external suppliers on a working level
· Promote a culture of safety in everything we do
· Ensure productive, respectful, efficient work space on the site
· Electrical experience in commercial and residential
· Customer-service mentality, with diplomacy, professionalism and inter-personal skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented, highly organized, problem-solving and a self-starter
· Integrity, honesty, responsibility at all times
· Computer skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Valid driver’s license
· U.S. Citizen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Licensed, certified electrician
· At least some college or professional certificates (bachelor’s degree preferred)
· 5-10 years of experience in electrical or a related field
· Knowledge of local building codes, regulations and local authorities
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
· This position is located in Mojave, CA
Benefits and our location:
- $27.75-$37.20 hourly
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law: