Engineer/ Principal Engineer Mission Assurance (Space/Satellite Systems)
United States-Arizona-Gilbert, United States
15 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
In this role you will implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. You will work as a member of an integrated product team with NGSP Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements, and ensure mission success. You will interface with customers, vendors, and with NGSP Manufacturing, Integration & Test, and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Additionally, you will provide support to the program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
- Implements and administers an effective Safety and Mission Assurance program in compliance with applicable customer contracts and other guidelines set forth by Flight Systems Group requirements
- Ensures contract program requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality and organizational requirements
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality
- Interprets customer technical and MA requirements, and ensuring these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings
- Provide oversight in discrepancy review, failure investigations, as well as cause and corrective action determinations. Reviews and approves Mission Assurance program proposal submittals
- Represents Mission Assurance at different review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB), Corrective Action Board (CAB), & Material Review Board (MRB)
- Supports program proposal efforts, tracking and reporting metrics, mission specific risk issues and develop and present internal and external Mission Assurance briefings
- Ensure Risk Management activities (dFMEA, pFMEA) are executed and maintained according to standards and procedures
- Communicates the impacts and execution of all program, division quality and organizational requirements to all levels of the organization. May communicate to Government and customer representatives
- Leads root cause and problem solving analyses
This position can be filled as an Engineer (level 2) or Principal Engineer (level 3) based on experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering or related STEM field
- 2 years of related experience (level 2) or 5 years of related experience (level 3)
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Extensive knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa, FMEA, DOE, KTA (Kepner Tregoe Analysis) Previous experience managing elements of AS/ISO/CMMI certified internal and external organization.