Shipping Specialist (Starlink)
Bastrop, TX, United States
15 days ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SHIPPING SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
As a Shipping Specialist, you will be responsible for the expedient movement of designated items needed to support production, test, and launch operations. Primary functions of the Shipping Specialist include the packaging, manifesting, and tracking of materials as requested by internal and external customers.
- Manifest consignments with information provided by requestor and schedule movements accordingly based on delivery demand (FedEx, UPS, 3PL vendors, expedite courier services), ensuring that each package has the correct information and configuration to guarantee intended delivery conditions
- Create shipping documents, packing slips, shipping labels and BOL's meeting SpaceX processing requirements
- Create/print identifying labels for all material/packages being shipped for traceability
- Properly package and manifest parcel, LTL, and large freight as required to ensure product integrity throughout the transportation cycle to intended destination
- File and maintain records of shipping documents per departmental guidelines
- Perform cycle counts to assure proper inventory is allocated in Shipping-owned Incoming/Outgoing areas
- Track critical shipments and update delivery status to requestors
- Responsible for system integrity for all shipments including coordination with requestor and distribution center(s) to ensure timely product delivery
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with best business practices
- Accurately update required tracking systems (spreadsheets, modules, external data sources)
- Operate forklifts and material handling equipment per safety procedures to load carriers as required in order to load material onto delivery trucks competently and without incident
- Interact with executives assistants or executives to ensure timely delivery of sensitive materials
- Maintain inventory levels necessary to support shipping operations
- Processes certified mail for internal customers, HR, legal, and finance departments as needed
- Maintain good customer relationships and provide timely updates on shipments as needed to both origin and destination
- Process outbound material through ERP system, partnering with appropriate departments to ensure quality and quantity of material is delivered to vendors
- Assist internal customers in determining accurate postage/shipping to route personal requests efficiently
- Maintain good housekeeping in area
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years in a shipping role
- Experience in freight and expedited shipping
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Experience with ERP system(s)
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft, Excel and Power Point
- Certification operating a forklift or other material handling motorized vehicles and equipment
- Comprehension of shipping international goods
- Comprehension of HAZMAT shipping
- Comprehension of shipping temperature sensitive items
- Reading comprehension, multitasking, critical thinking, coordination
- Estimated shift start times: 1st shift (5am), 2nd shift (3:30pm)
- Ability to lift 25 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Shipping Specialist/Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Shipping Specialist/Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Shipping Specialist/Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.