Electrical Engineer Intern
Bothell, Washington, United States
15 days ago
ARKA Group L.P. is an advanced technologies company serving the U.S. military, intelligence community, and commercial space industry delivering next-generation solutions to support the national security space domain. ARKA has a 60-year legacy reaching back to the very beginning of our country’s space endeavors. We’re a legacy of mission excellence built on ground-breaking technologies. Join the ARKA mission and discover your next career opportunity now!
Position Overview (Summary/Objective):
As an Electrical Engineer Intern, you will contribute to the development of cutting-edge spacecraft payload and subsystem technologies. Topics include software-defined radios, gimbal mechanisms, on-orbit servicing, and assembly and manufacturing (OSAM) technologies.
- Assisting product development:
- Assisting senior engineers with circuit design, PCB layout, and prototype development
- Conducting research on new technologies and components relevant to the project
- Performing simulations and calculations to verify circuit functionality
- Writing technical reports and documentation
- Testing and troubleshooting:
- Building and assembling electronic circuits according to schematics and layouts
- Testing circuits for functionality and troubleshooting problems
- Analyzing test data and identifying potential issues
- Collaborating with senior engineers to develop solutions to identified problems
- Additional responsibilities could include:
- Supporting other departments with technical tasks, such as design for manufacturing (DFM) or assembly
- Attending meetings, workshops, and training sessions to learn new skills and technologies
- Maintaining a safe and professional environment
- Having fun
- Junior or Senior year student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or student working on Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline required
- Familiarity with Schematic Capture and Layout tools (Altium Preferred)
- Familiarity with FPGA development (Xilinx family and VHDL preferred)
- Familiarity with lab tools and testing (O-scopes, power supplies, DMMs, ESD practices, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication competency
- Familiarity with Scripting and automation (Python)
Pay Range: $22.00/hour - $28.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
This position is based out of ARKA’s beautiful Bothell, WA campus. We offer a well-stocked kitchen, flexible work schedule arrangements, company-sponsored events including Sci-Fi movie premiers, Baseball Night, onsite break activities including gaming tournaments and BBQs, business casual attire, local trails for hiking and biking, and hybrid onsite/remote work options for many positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate, listen to, and interpret instructions, occasionally operate tools and/or machinery with hands and arms and remain stationary for extended periods of the time. The employee will use protective equipment when working with chemicals, move between workstations, reach, and replace equipment, and move items weighing up to 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Applicants are invited to apply for a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential duties of the job. To apply, send a request to [email protected] or contact 203-797-5000 and press 2 for Human Resources.
ITC & Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires the incumbent to access export-controlled information. If you are not a US Person, any offer is contingent upon the Company's ability to obtain a special license granting you access. This could take several months. You will not be able to begin employment until such license is obtained.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Employment with any of the ARKA Group companies in the US is contingent upon satisfactory completion of several pre-employment requirements to include a credit check, background check and drug screen.
ARKA Group L.P. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.