Facility Operations Specialist
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
15 days ago
- Performs contract management by providing technical assistance and oversight for the safe operation and maintenance of various types of Central Process Systems (CPS) equipment, monitoring and analyzing contractor effectiveness.
- Prepares reports, maintaining records of work accomplishments and coordinating the preparation of presentations of work-related information to management.
- Assesses and prioritizes work efforts through task management while administering area clearances for planned outages, ensuring there are no adverse impacts to stakeholders, research laboratory activities, or ground test operations.
- Engages in Central Process System design/review meetings, assisting in reviewing submittals and design drawings for accuracy, maintainability, and sustainability.
- Performs quality control inspections and surveillance, providing feedback to the respective System Manager(s), Lead FOS, Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and the Alternate Contracting Officer's Representative (ACOR).
- Provides technical oversight of systems and equipment including compressors, exhausters, turbo-expanders, pumps, valves, cooling towers, distributed piping, motors and controllers, switchgear, variable frequency converters and process controls.
- Collaborates with the System Manager(s) in writing professional, comprehensive Statements of Work (SOWs) for Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Tasks, taking ownership of Central Process System tasks from conception to completion.
- Identifies methods to streamline processes to improve the efficiently of resource uses, saving time, money and/or effecting a substantial increase in productivity.
- Foster a culture of engagement, diversity, inclusiveness, excellence and innovation. Champion NASA's commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility to create an environment that promotes a commitment to safety, integrity, and teamwork.
Conditions of Employment
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
To qualify for GS-12, you must have one year of directly related specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level:
- performing or auditing operations, processes, and objectives to ensure Central Process System Distributed Control (CPSDC) and associated equipment are at mission readiness;
- preparing for the end-to-end operation of pressure and surge control of large compressors and exhausters such as start/stop sequences, solid-state excitation control, servo control for guide vanes/bleed valves, and motor protection devices; and
- assisting in the implementation of Central Process Systems Operational Technology policy and Reliability Centered Maintenance planning to ensure maintenance efficiency and compliance.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must:
- Indicate your eligibility when applying for a position. The questionnaire asks you to identify your ICTAP/CTAP eligibility.
- Meet the minimum qualifications requirements for the position
- Submit proof that you meet the requirements for CTAP/ICTAP as indicated in 'Required Documents'
For additional information about CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, click here - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/#ictap.
This is a bargaining unit position. If additional selections are made, those positions may or may not be in a bargaining unit. To learn more about bargaining units at NASA please click here NASA Unions (Bargaining Units) | NASA.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Direct Hire Authority: These positions will be filled through the Office of Personnel Management's Direct Hire Authority. Category rating and veterans' preference will not be considered in evaluating applicants. For more information on Direct Hire Authority, please see: OPM Direct Hire Fact Sheet.
Veterans: Under the provisions of Direct Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply. However, applicants who are eligible for veterans' preference are encouraged to include that information in their application and submit supporting documentation (i.e. DD-214, or other substantiating documents). For more information please see: Veterans' Preference information on the FedsHireVets website.
You will be evaluated for this position based on how well you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements listed in this vacancy announcement. To determine your qualifications and referral status, we may review your resume and supporting documentation and compare it against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Overstating your qualifications and/or experience in your application materials or application questionnaire may result in your removal from consideration.
You will be assessed on the following competencies:
- Technical Competence
- Facilities Operations and Maintenance