Production Control Specialist II (R38991)
Seattle, WA, United States
15 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of Blue Origin Operations, which is comprised of Integrated Supply Chain, Facilities, and Security. This includes Manufacturing and Supply Chain support across all Blue Origin facilities.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of specialists, you will control the manufacturing schedule for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of manufacturing deliverables. In this role, you will utilize advanced planning and scheduling platforms to understand Blue Origin’s scheduling needs and coordinate manufacturing activities with the operations team to support those needs. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have phenomenal attention to detail to improve and maintain data integrity within our systems, which will then enable efficient scheduling practices to support on time delivery. You will also need to collaborate with cross-functional teams in order to problem solve and recover schedule when met with constraints. Specialists in this role are expected to regularly provide status to program teams, elevate schedule risks immediately for timely resolution, create action plans to push critical path hardware forward, and hold teams accountable to those plans.
- Relocation provided
- Shift: Monday – Friday (Salaried)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, maintain, communicate, and drive the schedule to ensure on time delivery for service centers and integrated areas.
- Schedule management throughout the day to maintain a dynamic accurate schedule. Clearly communicate the status of each job.
- Coordinate the schedule, plan, and initial staging of material/kits to all vital areas of production and test.
- Communicate and coordinate upcoming work center load (capacity planning) to provide transparency to area leads.
- Identify and communicate constraints in the production flow and work with area leads to discuss possible solutions.
- Interface and connect with internal customers for potential impact or delays in the schedule.
- Management of WO Instance from creation to completion.
- Coordinate activities across value stream - supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, etc.
- Interface and communicate with program and operations on manufacturing progress and schedule risks.
- 2+ years in planning & scheduling role.
- 3+ years in manufacturing or production environment.
- Proficient in MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project).
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth multifaceted environment.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Experience using and managing ERP/MRP systems.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 5+ years in manufacturing or production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, supply chain management, or similar field.
- Experience establishing new schedules and performing complete overhauls/replans of existing schedules.
- Experience leveraging existing data sets to provide analytics insight.
- Experience in aerospace research and development and manufacturing environments.
- Proven record of hands-on development and implementation of company-wide process improvements.
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.