United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States
15 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Inspector 4 to join our team in Salt Lake City, UT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds.
- Uses various measuring devices.
- Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
- Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
- High School Diploma/GED with 6 years of education and/or related experience.
- Must be able to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprint and diagrams.
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skillset.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable of using measuring devices.
- Knowledgeable of quality management standards.
- Knowledgeable of AS9100, ISO 9000, and ISO 9001.
- SAP experience.