Durango, CO, United States
15 days ago
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
AGILE is a rapidly growing aerospace company specializing in the manufacturing and testing of rocket engines. As a small business, we pride ourselves on innovation, agility, and excellence in delivering cutting-edge propulsion solutions for space exploration. Our dedicated team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of aerospace technology and contributing to the advancement of space exploration.
Position Overview: We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Project Manager to join our dynamic Program Management team. Reporting to the Director of Program Management, the Project Manager will play a key role in supporting the successful execution of rocket engine development programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management, with experience in aerospace or related industries.
The Project Manager will report to the Director of Program Delivery and will have ownership of assigned Profit and Loss results for assigned programs.
Project Planning and Execution:
- Develop detailed project plans, schedules, and budgets in collaboration with cross-functional teams, ensuring alignment with program objectives and timelines.
- Coordinate and track project activities, milestones, and deliverables, proactively identifying and addressing potential issues or deviations from the plan.
- Monitor project progress against key performance indicators (KPIs), implementing corrective actions as needed to keep projects on track.
- Work closely with functional managers to allocate resources, including personnel, equipment, and materials, to support project activities and meet program requirements.
- Optimize resource utilization and efficiency, identifying opportunities to streamline processes and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Anticipate resource constraints and proactively address potential gaps or conflicts to ensure project success.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop mitigation strategies to address project risks and uncertainties.
- Regularly review and update risk registers, monitoring risk exposure and escalating significant risks to the Program Manager for resolution.
- Implement contingency plans and risk response strategies to minimize the impact of potential disruptions on project timelines and objectives.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for project stakeholders, facilitating communication and collaboration across cross-functional teams.
- Organize and lead project meetings, providing updates on project status, milestones, and action items.
- Foster a collaborative and transparent work environment, promoting open communication and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and processes throughout the project lifecycle, collaborating with quality assurance and engineering teams to address any issues or non-conformities.
- Conduct regular reviews and inspections to assess project deliverables and verify compliance with customer requirements and industry standards.
- Champion a culture of quality excellence, emphasizing the importance of delivering high-quality products and services to our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, preferably in the aerospace or manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of project management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to identify and mitigate project risks and issues, ensuring successful project delivery.
- PMP or related certification is a plus.
- Energetic, self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Results oriented approach
- Strong and committed leadership in safety
- Formal project management training and/or certification
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong business acumen, including negotiation and conflict management
- Experience managing subcontractors and vendors
- Experience with change and risk management
- Experience in production or manufacturing
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and associated certifications
- Prior experience with aerospace Engineering, manufacturing or testing operations teams is highly valued
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholders across internal departments and external to the organization
- Working knowledge in Project Controls, including use of cost & schedule management systems
- Experience managing DOD contracts
- Experience working with classified and controlled information
Location: Durango, CO
Relocation Assistance: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: $130,000 - $160,000
Eligibility for bonuses and company equity depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or temporary status. Contact HR for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Closing Date: March 15, 2024
What You'll Love About Us:
100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents.
Paid Holidays, Paid Flexible Time Off, Sabbatical Leave, Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave
401K contributions match at 4% of your salary, Employee referral program, Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement, Company get-together and team outings and best of all, working with amazing humans!
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
At AGILE, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request to [email protected].
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.