Manager Supply Chain Programs 1
United States-Utah-Corinne, United States
16 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Launch and Missile Defense Systems (LMDS) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
LMDS has an opening for a Manager Supply Chain Programs 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Corinne, Utah.
- Responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning, and execution of all material and services content for a Program or collection of Programs. The primary focus of this role will be on Business Development and Proposals across the Launch Vehicles Business Unit.
- Establish and build tools to facilitate standardization in proposal activities and practices.
- Create repeatable process to backward plan material needs to avoid lead time issues post contract award.
- Working with Contracts organization to ensure material assumptions are captured in proposal ground rules and assumptions on all proposals.
- Acts as the main focal point for the Program Management Office (PMO) for the entire supply chain and coordinates cross-functionally to ensure that all supply chain commitments are met, and that appropriate mitigation plans are developed and executed to address any programmatic risks related to suppliers.
- Develops the material strategy and leads the activities for GSC in all phases of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP).
- Ensures that prior to program execution, all elements of the proposed program(s) plans have complete and accurate schedules, budgets, make/buy plans, and procurement and subcontracts strategies.
- Leads supply chain Program execution and is accountable for resource planning, material cost, forecasting, schedule performance, risk/opportunity management, supplier performance, and supply chain issue resolution.
- Briefs the PMO and executive management on the status and issues affecting Program cost and schedule performance.
- Shape proposals through training and coaching in a matrixed environment.
Focal point for managing Program Supply Chain throughout the Program life cycle from pursuit to contract close out. Responsible for;
- Supply Chain Management strategy, demand planning, BOM maintenance, coordination w/ logistics and procurement stakeholders, developing a Material Program Plan (MPP), and risk management.
- Manage the performance of the integrated supply chain cost, quality, & delivery.
- Material risk management, including identification, and mitigation planning and execution.
- Material budget development, sales forecasting and cost (EAC) management; EVMS if applicable.
- Cross functional coordination as it pertains to supplier management, specifically with Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE), Procurement, and the IPT.
- Briefs Program and Executive management and Customer on the status and issues affecting Supplier performance and cost.
- A bachelor’s degree AND 8+ years of related professional/military experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management and/or Program/Project Management, OR a Master’s degree AND 6+ years of related professional/military experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management and/or Program/Project Management.
- 4 additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of FAR and agency supplements
- Prior experience leading a team/process/project
- Experience with supplier management
- Direct experience interfacing with leadership
- International/ITAR experience
- Ability to obtain secret clearance is required
- Prefer Experience with Program Management and Earned Value Management.
- Ability to work at Corinne, Utah facility or willing to re-locate within 6mo of hire.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work.Salary Range: $99,400.00 - $149,000.00The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.