Production Control Manager - New Shepard (R38445)
Seattle, WA, United States
21 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of Blue Origin Operations, which is comprised of Integrated Supply Chain, Facilities, and Security. This includes Manufacturing and Supply Chain support across all Blue Origin facilities.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of professionals, you will manage a team of Production Control Specialists responsible for coordinating and controlling manufacturing activities for rocket production. You will oversee all functions of planning and scheduling including demand planning, shortage tracking, daily work center scheduling, recovery planning, and milestone reporting. You will work with the manufacturing execution team to drive priorities to support program needs and drive on-time delivery. You will implement strategies meant to improve the organizations financial performance and competitive positioning through continuous improvement of planning and scheduling processes. As the manager, you will focus on team development and standardization to improve team efficiency and productivity. We put a strong emphasis on hands-on management ability, as our leaders are directly involved with projects and problem-solving, and lead through active engagement with the team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the Production Control Team of approx. 5-10 specialists (size of team may vary), including developing resource plans and profiles, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, assigning tasks, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Train and develop team members, mentor and guiding their performance, and performing day-to-day managerial tasks such as representing the organization at meetings, coaching, communications, planning, delegation, etc.
- Effectively collaborate with other departments to maintain production schedules and material requirements.
- Ensure continued training and skills development for the team, and mentor emerging team members.
- Anticipate potential schedule and personnel risks, and generate ideas, insight and solutions to resolve or mitigate potential issues, followed by decisive action to implement solutions.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in manufacturing and/or production environments
- 3+ years of planning and scheduling experience
- Extensive schedule management and/or project management experience
- Strong digital literacy and ability to learn new software/programs as opportunities or department needs arise.
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- A proven track record of working cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances.
- A continuous improvement mentality. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and superior follow-up and follow-through skills to achieve goals.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 7+ years’ experience working on development programs or production lines in both leadership and hands-on roles.
- BA or BS degree in business, operations management, supply chain, industrial engineering, or similar area.
- Experience establishing new schedules and performing complete overhauls/replans of existing schedules.
- Experience leveraging existing data sets to provide analytics insight.
- Experience in aerospace research and development and manufacturing environments
- Proven record of hands-on development and implementation of company-wide process improvements
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.