Pneumatics Operations Engineer I (Early Career) (R39211)
Space Coast, FL, United States
11 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is a part of the Test & Flight Operations team, providing centralized support to business units with a focus on the design, build, and maintenance of the ground systems, test, and launch facilities across multiple locations.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will perform the testing, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of fluid systems associated with space vehicle launch facilities. You will have direct ownership of pneumatic systems, including high pressure nitrogen and helium systems. You will also operate cryogenic systems, including liquid oxygen, liquid hydrogen, and liquid nitrogen. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate ground systems for launch vehicle operations
- Oversee commissioning of new or modified systems at the Blue Origin Orbital Launch Site
- Author and run commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and operational procedures
- Implement and execute corrective and preventative maintenance programs for ground systems
- Create work instructions for performing system upgrades and maintenance
- Collaborate on system CONOPs and safety and process hazards analysis
- Coordinate with internal design teams to provide inputs for system improvements
- Coordinate with suppliers and internal teams on costs, schedule, and technical design requirements
- Occasional second shift or weekend shift may be necessary
- Occasional travel may be necessary
- Four-year aerospace or mechanical engineering degree (or similar discipline)
- Knowledge of fluid components typical in tubing and piping systems (valves, regulators, pumps, etc)
- Hands-on experience operating and troubleshooting fluid or mechanical systems
- Demonstrated ability with self-starting and managing tasks along with team collaboration.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Advanced Engineering degree
- One year of experience in a similar role
- Experience understanding fabrication and installation drawings
- Experience with piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Experience writing and executing test plans and procedures for aerospace systems
- Experience with design of fluid systems.
- Knowledge of installation and fabrication methods of piping systems (pipe stock, fittings, connections, valves, fasteners, structural members, fitting, welding, etc)
- Familiarity with test equipment, such as multimeters, dew point meters, vacuum equipment, regulator panels
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Experience with programming languages for data acquisition and control or test data reduction
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.