2024 Intern High School Technical- Colorado Springs CO
United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs, United States
24 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking High School-Level Engineers to join the Space Systems Sector High School Intern Program. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Engineering Function and will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
As an intern, you’ll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of engineering specializations that may include:
- Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas.
- Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
- Works from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions.
- Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format.
- Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Exclude technicians working in Production or Quality Assurance
Basic Qualifications for a High School-Level Engineering Intern:
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Successful completion of the Northrop Grumman HIP Mentoring Program
- High school senior enrolled in an accredited high school
- Accepted enrollment for fall 2024 to an accredited college/university
- Intending to major in engineering, physics, math, cyber, computer science, or manufacturing
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Minimum age of 16 (refer to your state Minors / Work Permit Requirements & Wage & Hour Requirements)
- Where necessary, student under the age of 18 should be able to obtain an age certificate or work permit/certificate
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.2/4.0
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
High School-Level Engineering Intern Pay Range:
- $15.75 to $18.75
- At Northrop Grumman, our internship pay rates and standardized and take into account three main factors: the anticipated graduation date of the individual, the cost of labor of the geographic location, and whether the internship is considered technical or administrative.