Dimensional Inspector III (Night Shift) (R37388)
Space Coast, FL, United States
14 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of the Safety, Quality, & Mission Assurance team. This team is focused on monitoring and assessing processes that guide Blue Origin design, manufacture, and operations, ensuring system safety engineering, environmental health and safety, product integrity and continuous improvement processes serve the Blue Origin Mission and Vision.
As part of a hardworking team of Quality Engineers, Quality Specialist and Inspectors, you will inspect complex hardware for various spaceflight systems. We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Relocation provided
- Shifts available: 2nd shift (Night shift)
- Monday-Friday 2PM- 10:30 PM
- Interviews will include a technical assessment
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily part inspection using state of the art Hexagon Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM)
- Using PC-DMIS software and Parsec for FAI data collections
- In-depth knowledge of GD&T
- Perform manual inspections
- Knowledge and utilization of nonconformance processes
- Passion for our mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in dimensional inspection of aerospace components.
- Must be proficient with PC-DMIS software use for CMM programming and operations
- Superior blue print reading skills including GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of precision hand tools, gauges, optical comparator, and surface plate work.
- Experience inspecting tight tolerance, high value components.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Desired knowledge of Polyworks and Spatial Analyzer
- PC DMIS NC on machine inspection.
- Faro and Verisurf knowledge.
- Basic machining knowledge.
- Familiar with Mastercam preferably X6 or higher.
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware.
- Outside processing knowledge (heat treat, plating, coating, EDM, grinding, etc.)
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.