Rocket Engines Valves Manufacturing Engineer III (R38376)
Seattle, WA, United States
14 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role is part of Blue Origin Operations, which is comprised of Integrated Supply Chain, Facilities, and Security. This includes Manufacturing and Supply Chain support across all Blue Origin facilities.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for developing rocket engine manufacturing processes. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will translate engineering intent, drawings, and configurations into fully functional hardware ready for test, qualification, and flight. Throughout the manufacturing process, you will also identify, develop, and deploy methods to improve quality, reduce cost, and optimize build sequence and schedules. As an integral member of the team, you will conduct DFMA and PFMEA studies to strengthen the feedback loop between design, build, and test and accelerate the pace of rocket engine development.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Relocation provided
- Travel expected up to 10% of the time
- Shifts available: Days Shift
- Monday- Friday
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop manufacturing work instructions to clearly define the following manufacturing process: receiving inspection, fabrication, assembly, test, integration, and refurbishment
- Closely handle cost, quality, build sequence, and schedule of hardware throughout the entire manufacturing process
- Perform engineering drawing review and provide final approval for manufacturing
- Develop process control measures and evaluation through statistical analysis
- Define and support repair and rework activities
- Design, procure, install, and integrate custom manufacturing tooling and equipment
- Collaborate with external suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure that hardware and equipment is manufactured, processed, packaged, and delivered properly, on time, and on budget
- Perform root cause analyses when non-conformances and escapes are identified and deploy corrective actions
- Design proper material handling and packaging to protect hardware throughout the build and test process
- Manage hardware configuration and maintain pedigree throughout the entire build and test process
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Aerospace Engineering (other relevant fields may apply) from an accredited university
- Minimum 5+ years direct manufacturing and manufacturing engineering experience
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals for mechanical design and manufacturing
- Hands on experience in hardware manufacturing (i.e. castings, forgings, additively manufactured components, welding, machining, cleaning, non-destructive testing methods, tight tolerance assembly, leak testing, final acceptance testing of integrated hardware, and Manufacturing Execution Systems/Software)
- Proven experience and successful track record of completing manufacturing projects
- Strong written, personal, technical, and software skills (CAD, Scheduling, Issue Tracking, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- MS Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Aerospace Engineering (other relevant fields may apply) from an accredited university
- Experience with design and manufacturing of Fluid systems and/ or valve mechanisms
- Experience with design and manufacturing of tooling and GSE
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.