Additive Manufacturing Intern
24 days ago
At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies. To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As we are accelerating our growth with current deployment of a first BioPod factory and industrialization of products, we are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic additive manufacturing team in Paris. As an Additive Manufacturing Intern, you will be the bridge between the design and manufacturing teams. Your mission will be to contribute in design decision and make components ready for manufacturing. In this position you will operate various 3d printing equipment, including small scale FDM 3d printers, SLS printers, large scale 3d printing station with an ABB robot.
- Contribute on designing and adapting parts for 3D printing.
- Ensure the reliability and operability of the 3D Lab (3d printers and robotic arm)
- Participate in the development of R&D 3d printing processes.
- Implement automation scripts on Grasshopper 3d or Python to improve 3d printing reliability
- Analyze test results and bugs that require in-depth investigation.
- Currently in Master’s degree in Engineering, Mechatronic, Architecture & Digital Fabrication or related field.
- Experience with design to manufacturing processes, including robotic arm 3d printing, CNC Milling, Laser cutting.
- Experience using CAD software such as Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper 3D or 3DExperience (CATIA).
- Experience using Python is a plus.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in FDM 3d printing at various scales.
- Experience in running scientific experiment protocol is a plus.
- Experience in hardware and electronics is a plus.
- Experience in RAPID coding and ABB environment is a plus.
- Prior experience in robotic arm control especially ABB robot is a plus.
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 25 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights.
- Ability to work in indoor/outdoor environments requiring exposure to heat and cold.
- Paris, France