Mechanical Assembler/Fit-Up Technician (2nd shift)
United States-California-Commerce, United States
15 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Assembler to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals, and be a part of Payload and Ground Systems, Space Components division in our Commerce, CA, facility. Commerce is the leading supplier of pressure vessels and tank hardware to the aerospace industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on mechanical assemblies and subassemblies. Makes continuity checks on work in process. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions. This position is for 2nd Shift (2:30 pm - 12:00 am).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 3+ years mechanical assembly experience
- Ability to read blue prints and technical drawings
- Must be able to work with small hand tools and power tools
- Ability to work with computer clocking software and electronic shop floor control systems
- Work well in a team environment
- Willing to support the business needs for additional hours
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Must be able to operate overhead cranes
- Ability to obtain certification and drive a forklift