PP&C Cost Analyst Level 3, Lunar Transportation (R37883)
Denver, CO, United States
20 days ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and require your dedication and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
This role is part of Enterprise Program Management (EPM) where we provide technical standards, tools, processes, training and subject matter expertise for product engineering and manufacturing. EPM allows all Blue Origin business units to benefit from commonly used capabilities, hardware, and software and assists business units in identifying, selecting, and training engineers from both inside and outside the organization.
As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists and accomplished experts in Program Planning and controls (PP&C), you will execute cost management for Lunar Transportation programs. Partnered with Blue’s Program Managers and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), there are multiple facets to your support of our Lunar Transportation programs.
Reporting to a Lunar Transportation PP&C leader and in close coordination with the program planners, and other cost analysts, you will support the development of cost baselines in Deltek Cobra, integrated with our program schedules in Primavera P6. This will require clear communication and strong organizational skills as you solicit inputs on labor and non-labor resource requirements across your assigned IPTs to create time-phased resource plans.
Establishing these cost baselines will involve supporting the development of Work breakdown structures, establishing required charge numbers, and deriving control-account level budget plans within authorized values and periods of performance. This position will drive the execution of these plans by tracking budgets/forecasts to actuals, performing variance analysis, updating forecasts, and supervising and controlling actual costs. You will generate reports, actionable metrics, and key performance indicators to advise IPT leaders and influence plan updates.
This position requires you to implement effective change management to account for approved scope changes, as well as actively manage updates that support program estimate to complete (ETC) and Estimate at Complete (EACs) exercises. A strong attention to detail and proactive analysis of budget status, actual costs, and variances is needed to help inform future performance on our projects.
We are looking for a specialist who will apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Experience and comfort with working in ambiguous environments and situations
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering, project management, or other highly analytical field
- 7+ years experience in roles requiring program cost management, financial analysis, budget management, or cost estimation
- Developing and implementing a program business rhythm of budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, change control, and reporting
- Developing new reporting from scratch
- Experience mining large data sets to uncover and formulate actionable information
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Cost management of internally and externally funded aerospace programs
- Deltek COBRA, Empower, or other cost/schedule integration and analysis tool experience
- Experience in developing or maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) or detailed IPT schedules is highly sought after for this role in conjunction with cost-management experience
- Broad/deep financial and business analytics experience supporting both EVMS and non-EVMS-required programs (customer contracts or internally funded)
- Experience establishing new programs
- Proven record of hands-on development and implementation of company-wide process improvements
- Proposal support including pricing for bids requiring certified pricing
- Successful support of programs through DCMA/DCAA, joint site surveillance, or other government audits
- IPMR customer deliverables on EVM-required contracts
- MBA, or Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager)
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays.
Discretionary bonus: Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Eligibility for benefits varies by role type, please check with your recruiter for a comprehensive list of the benefits available for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.