Legal Counsel - 6 Month Full-Time Role
Boulder, Colorado, United States
16 days ago
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a collaborative superstar to join our Commercial Legal Team for a six-month full-time role. As Legal Counsel, you will be a critical part of making this happen. You will have the opportunity to work alongside an all-star team of engineers who design and build our technology and our world-class sales team who deliver Spire products to commercial and government customers around the world. You will have to understand the entire business, from radio occultation to reseller rights. But most importantly, you’ll have the chance to build a wealth of expertise in an industry that is heading up and to the right.
What You’ll Do:
- Negotiating complex data license agreements and provide day-to-day legal support to Spire’s data business.
- Negotiate inbound and outbound commercial agreements with vendors, customers, channel partners, strategic partners, and other business parties.
- Provide support for commercial contracts with space-related aspects such as launch agreements, constellation agreements, and other “space services” type deals.
- Advise, provide guidance, and develop templates, policies, and processes on a broad range of commercial and general legal matters.
- Law Degree or equivalent.
- 5 years’ commercial transactions experience at a law firm or the legal team of a multinational company.
- A combination of law firm and in-house experience. Start-up or scale-up experience is a bonus.
- Knowledge of SaaS, data, or software agreements.
- Experience with space, satellite, or related technical commercial agreements (hosted payloads, ground stations, launch, manufacture, etc.).
- Familiarity with adjacent areas of law, such as compliance, corporate finance, IP, and international tax law.
- Ability to work fluidly across time zones and business cultures with international colleagues, clients, and vendors.
- Insatiable appetite to learn, adapt, and grow.
- Obsessive attention to detail while keeping sight of the big picture.
Able to communicate with and influence a wide range of internal stakeholders and external decision makers.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $130,500 to $171,000 annually. Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role may be eligible for annual equity awards and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.