Technician - HVAC
a month ago
At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies.
To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly motivated, “hands-on” individual to join as HVAC Technician. You will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in BioPods. You will work alongside a team of assembly technicians in our new BioPod Factory.
- Installing HVAC systems in BioPods and working on assembly line
- Performing testing and control on HVAC systems of BioPods
- Troubleshooting HVAC problems and resolving them promptly
- Collaboration with HVAC engineer to optimize design and assembly of HVAC systems
- Install ductwork, refrigeration piping, air conditioning units
- Makes periodic inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems of our HVAC systems at Factory, Plant and research Lab
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HVAC technician in industrial/commercial and/or lab/R&D environments or equivalent
- Must be familiar with HVAC and electrical codes
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety
- Demonstrate technical ability in the installation, repair and maintenance of HVAC systems
- Self-directed with the ability to be resourceful, plan and organize work
- Provide excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Paris, France
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.