Hawthorne, CA, United States
17 days ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet worldwide. You will be providing legal review and solutions-based counseling to cross-functional partners on a wide variety of complex legal and business issues in the United States and internationally.
- Negotiate corporate transactions in close cooperation with the company’s in-house finance team
- Manage the company’s and its subsidiaries’ corporate legal affairs domestically and internationally
- Manage corporate governance matters
- Ensure compliance with securities laws and regulations (1933 Act, 1934 Act, Reg. D Offerings, Rule 701 and Blue Sky Compliance for a large, privately-held corporation)
- Manage stock financings, private resales of restricted securities, and related stockholder relations matters
- Coordinate private company tender offer transactions
- Administer multiple equity incentive plans with stock options, RSUs, and restricted stock awards
- Work cross functionally with business teams across the company to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial agreements
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- 4+ years of corporate law experience
- Active bar membership
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- In-house counsel experience
- Ability to register as in-house counsel in California
- Experience working for a top-tier law firm
- Experience representing mature private companies
- Experience with securities law compliance
- Experience with complex corporate structures and transactions
- Ability to adapt and be responsive to rapid developments and changes in direction as well as work with technologies, products, and on novel legal issues
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Corporate Counsel: $190,000.00 - $230,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.