Legal and Compliance Analyst
Hawthorne, CA, United States
21 days ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE ANALYST
As a Legal and Compliance Analyst you will be supporting SpaceX’s global trade compliance team on Falcon, Starship, and Dragon programs. You will manage export and other licensing and compliance, as well as support internal investigations for these programs. You will work closely with attorneys, other legal and compliance professionals, and engineers to ensure that SpaceX complies with applicable regulations and is able to conduct launches and other operations in a timely fashion.
- Conduct research on U.S. federal statutes, regulations, directives, and guidance related to U.S. export laws.
- Draft and submit licenses, permits, and correspondence to governmental bodies responsible for U.S. export laws.
- Conduct diligence, technical data, and compliance reviews as related to U.S. export and sanctions laws.
- Manage compliance procedures related to U.S. export laws and identify and implement compliance improvements.
- Participate in internal investigations on potential matters of non-compliance. Execute internal procedures related to U.S. export and sanctions laws.
- Advise, educate, and train internal stakeholders and employees on matters related to U.S. export and sanctions laws.
- Help develop, maintain, improve, and manage tools to facilitate compliance.
- Maintain and update records and internal databases.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst or paralegal.
- 2+ years of experience working with U.S. export laws.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience drafting export licenses, permits, and correspondence to U.S. government agencies.
- Experience supporting internal investigations.
- Experience managing compliance obligations.
- Willingness to travel approximately once a quarter.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.