Systems Integration & Test Lead
a month ago
At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering molecular and bio-farming, boosting production of nutrients, metabolites and bioactive compounds in plants while providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. Our customers are large beauty, perfume, natural ingredients, food&beverage and neutraceuticals companies.
To advance space exploration, we work with space agencies and private companies and provide them bio-farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut and/or conduct research on impact of microgravity on plant molecular composition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Systems Integration & Test Lead you will define and implement testing, integration and assembly strategy across our products and at BioPod factory. You will collaborate with the product and engineering teams, insuring procedures are optimized, documented and implemented. As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists, technicians, and engineers, your goal will be to design and optimise our testing and assembly line to successfully deliver Biopods to our customers on time and within budget.
- Lead and coordinate all systems integration activities
- Write test plans, procedures, and provide operational support to teams
- Interface with engineers and technicians to optimize designs for integration, testing, and manufacturability
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed schedules, ensuring the team is aware of tasks and deadlines
- Prepare System Integration Verification Validation & Qualification activities
- Defining testing and integration strategy, establishing requirements and performing associated estimates and schedule
- Specifying the test equipment required
- Specifying, selecting and deploying methodologies, tools/platforms necessary to conduct integration
- Proposing the validation and qualification scenarios and manage their implementation
- Performing and organising testing and integration at the facility
- Coordinate and work hands-on collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams
- Help recruiting and defining hiring plan for technicians and integration engineers
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 3+ years managing complex technical projects and developing and tracking schedules
- 7+ years of experience in testing, integration and assembly
- Experience in a fast-path environment with tight deadlines
- Experience leading multidisciplinary development and verification tests, including managing requirements, priorities, scope, schedule, and cost
- Demonstrated leadership in establishing a high-performing safety culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in english
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Paris, France
Interstellar Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Interstellar Lab does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.