Senior Trade Compliance Officer
United Kingdom-New Malden, United Kingdom
22 days ago
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £46,000 – £57,000
Role clearance type: Must be able to gain and maintain UK Government Clearance
Location: New Malden
About Your Opportunity:
Northrop Grumman UK Ltd (NGUKL) are seeking a highly motivated Senior Trade Compliance Officer to join our Trade Compliance function based within our Mission Systems business, in support of our operational and corporate business needs. This is a new key role and will provide further support to the compliance framework, specialising in customs compliance and export compliance laws and regulations, including UK, EU and US (ITAR/ EAR). The role will work closely with the UK, EU and US Trade Compliance teams and with business SMEs to enable business success, ensure integrity while achieving regulatory compliance and the protection of national security interests.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel.
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities.
- Trade Compliance role with primary responsibility for providing International Trade Compliance (ITC) advice and guidance for the Defence Operating Unit (DOU) and Aeronautics systems (AS) projects, with support to the Cyber and Intelligence Operating Unit (C&I OU) and Space projects as required
- Support projects and bids by ensuring compliance with UK export control and US ITAR/EAR regulations, as well as customs import & export requirements
- Complete UK export licensing applications and support US authorisation management for relevant projects to enable compliant and timely deliveries
- Support the Trade Compliance Manager on digital transformation of Trade Compliance tools, ensuring DOU and AS projects requirements are captured and delivered for current and future state
- Support accurate export and customs classification determination in coordination with internal Technical Advisors, and maintaining this classification information within relevant company systems/tools (e.g. SAP)
- 3+ years’ experience working in an export/trade compliance role
- Experience in the UK customs practises and compliance for both export and import
- Experience in interpreting regulations, providing guidance and authorisation management for UK/ EU and US export control regulations
- Strong communication and training skills
- Experience in the Defence/Aerospace industry
Your Future Team:
We are a small centralised Trade Compliance team supporting all aspects of business needs. As Trade Compliance practioners, we have a varied level of knowledge and experience in the specialisms of due diligence, customs, and UK & US export regulations and compliance. The team are open minded, creative thinkers, solution focused, and energised by the opportunity to adapt functional working practises and tools/systems as the business changes. We are integrated within business activities and projects team, and seen as subject matter experts. The team is part of a larger Trade Compliance function within the UK, EU and US, which creates an engaged and collaborative ITC function.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance. We know the best ideas come from diversity of thought, background, perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Possibly, I’d like to find out more – then connect direct with [email protected], where one of our recruitment business partners will be happy to support you with any enquires.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Cyber & Intelligence Business:
Our UK Cyber & Intelligence business combines modern software development approaches with a rich heritage and experience in the Defence and security sectors. Our customers have complex and sensitive data and information requirements requiring a mission partner who quickly understands the context, delivering and sustaining a portfolio of challenging technology projects at scale and pace, supporting them through an ambitious digital transformation programme.
UK Defence Business:
Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign software and systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the Royal Navy. We pioneer – with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, and encourages individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply and consider becoming a part of our diverse and inclusive workforce.