Sales & Business Development Manager
Paris (FRANCE), United States
a month ago
At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering biofarming at scale, boosting production of bioactive compounds and providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. In Space, we provide farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut while accelerating plant research in microgravity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Sales and Business Development Manager who will play a pivotal role in the commercialization of our biofarming platform. This role requires a strategic mindset and concise written, verbal and organizational skill. Must be comfortable presenting to executive level stakeholders and have a record of building high value partnerships.
A minimum of 7 + years experience in the natural ingredient, flavor, fragrance, cosmetics, luxury, or chemical field.
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities and high-value partnerships
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing clients, keeping further opportunity front of mind
- Propose contracts and agreements with clients, optimizing terms and conditions to maximize value
- Understand client needs and tailor our services to meet and exceed their expectations
- Research and pinpoint new business and revenue growth opportunities
- Continuously monitor market dynamics and competitive landscape within related sectors.
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations based on market trends and intelligence
- Create business analyses to assess the value of the sales pipeline and initiate further evaluations as needed
- Assist in optimizing pricing and revenue strategies based on market opportunity
- Attend and represent the company industry events
7+ years experience in the natural ingredient, flavor, fragrance, cosmetics, luxury, or chemical field
- Excellent analytical, oral and written skills to communicate complex issues in a concise, straightforward way
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal, written) with the ability to communicate across all levels of organizations
- Proven ability to convert a pipeline into high-value contracts
- Hubspot CRM proficiency
- Product launch & rapid growth experience a plus
- Experience in startup and fast paced environment
Paris Area (France), San Francisco, CA (US)