Contracts Manager 2- Dulles VA
United States-Virginia-Dulles, United States
23 days ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Contracts Manager 2 to join its team of qualified and diverse individuals supporting its Tactical Space Systems Division (TSSD), specifically the Civil and Commercial Satellites Business Unit’s (CCS BU) Human Exploration and Operations Operating Unit (HEO OU), as the HEO OU’s Contracts Manager.
The successful candidate will be a direct report to CCS BU Contracts Leadership and will work closely on a day-to-day basis with the HEO OU’s Program Managers/Directors, Business Managers, Operations Managers, Capture Managers, and functional teams.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the HEO OU contracts portfolio delivering strong customer satisfaction, successful financial performance, and risk mitigation. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and management of a geographically dispersed team of contract administrators, contracts within the HEO OU’s portfolio, and the HEO OU’s new business pursuits.
The selected candidate will also be required to provide objective-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines, general policies, and maintain a strong level of engagement, while dynamically leading, inspiring, motivating, and developing a team of contract professionals. This position will be based in Dulles, VA.
The Contract Manager’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review and approve contractual documents for protection of the company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements, and adherence to company policies. Therefore, a keen attention to detail is essential.
- Planning and executing successful contract negotiations of a complex nature and achieving targeted profit rates as well as favorable terms and conditions to assist in meeting profit and cash goals.
- Regular and proactive interface and effective collaboration with program, technical, and operations organizations in order to provide guidance and direction based upon the requirements of the resulting contracts.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, offer guidance, and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizations ranging from technical, program, finance, supply chain, legal, export, and security.
- Ability to solve complex problems by actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate commitment and energy to meet customer needs with the ability to provide concise and effective communication through presentation, written documentation, or email format with different levels of Management.
- Administer, extend, negotiate, and execute standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Build strong customer intimacy and employee engagement to assist with growing this important business area.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 10+ years of relevant experience or Master Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience in contract administration/management.
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements with the US Government.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations, including the FAR and NASA FAR Supplement.
- Advanced proposal development and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic business unit leadership team.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills that support accomplishment of discipline objective to resolve complex problems and minimize risk to the Corporation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing, presenting, and negotiating to all levels of management.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional certification.
- 15 years' experience in government contracting.
- Demonstrated leadership experience or supervisor experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others.
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail.