Paris (FRANCE), United States
3 months ago
At Interstellar Lab our mission is to build a future full of life, on Earth and beyond. We believe in a future where technology is enabling humans to live in harmony with nature, a future where biodiversity thrives and expands, a future where terrestrial life become multi-planetary.
To build this future, we design, manufacture and operate controlled-environment biofarms that unleash the power of plants. On Earth and in Space. Our solutions combine Hardware, AI and Bioscience. We use controlled-environment technology to mimic a multitude of conditions to allow plants, fungi and microorganisms to grow faster and better.
On Earth, we are pioneering biofarming at scale, boosting production of bioactive compounds and providing a sustainable and safe source of plant materials. In Space, we provide farming units to grow efficiently food for astronaut while accelerating plant research in microgravity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Human Resource Manager who will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, performance and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
A minimum of 10+ years of experience in HR management roles is required. You will support the CEO and management team on HR needs.
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keeps the strategy up to date
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Use performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Ensure all company HR policies are applied consistently
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory
- Partner with management to ensure strategic HR goals are aligned with business initiatives
- Maintain HR systems and processes
- Conduct performance and salary reviews
- Provide support and guidance to HR staff
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits
- Design and implement employee retention strategies
- Experience in startup and fast path environment
- 7+ years experience in HR role
- Excellent analytical skills as well as oral and written skills to communicate complex issues in a concise, straightforward way
- BA in human resources, labor relations, organizational development
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with the human resources information system (HRIS) and software tools
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic employment planning
Paris Area (France)