Full Stack Developer — Intern (Winter 2024)
San Fransisco, California, United States
3 months ago
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
Flight Software — Intern (Winter 2024)
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.Role
- Design and implement UI components and Back end workflows of Satellite network management software
- Work closely with the network operations teams to create software that helps build and manage Satellite and ground Networks
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define software requirements, architecture, and design
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Experience with Django or similar frameworks
- Experience working with relational/SQL databases (e.g. Postgres)
- Comfortable rapidly prototyping and fully developing user interface concepts with focus on overall user experience
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, write, and test software from scratch
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.