Lead Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer
IND - Bangalore, India, United States
3 months ago
Company:Boeing India Private Limited
Location:IND - Bangalore, India
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for Lead Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineer to join their team in Bangalore, Karnataka. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & structural analysts to develop the mechanical designs that will work in defined structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- This position is a lead role responsible to develop technical solutions to a wide range of Technical problems that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- The selected candidate will Lead and provide technical quality review of the development and documentation of Mechanical, Structural & fluid systems and thermal environment to establish the system design.
- Will lead activities related to mechanical design, analysis and optimization of wide range of Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical products.
- Completely understands and drives team to apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with team members and engineering managers in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- Collaborating & communicating with cross functional teams and all stakeholders, especially electronics designers and manufacturing engineers to ensure that the hardware meets customer and derived requirements.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring team during project execution
- Executing end-to-end project management, including configuration management and change control
- Represent Mechanical Engineering in IPT meetings, design reviews, customer meetings, audits and other activities.
- Must be able to work well in domestic and global teams from a modern innovative and collaborative environment.
- Train and mentor other engineers, manage one or more projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively think out of the box preferred.
- This position will participate and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement etc.
- This position will be located in Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required as a BASIC QUALIFICATION.
- Experienced in various technologies in product design, including but not limited to Machined part design, sheet metal parts, Plastic injection molding, die casting, rapid prototyping and material and finish selection.
- Must understand the New product development, capture requirements and provide technical guidance and decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A])/DFX.
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
- Experience in detailed development and COTS selection, connectors and mechanical fasteners
- Experience in Aerospace Material Selection, Manufacturing processes and Finish.
- Experience in Aerospace - DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 is required.
- Strong technical team leadership and mentoring skills, along with good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using Engineering design tools, specifically, 3D CAD tools such as Creo/NX/Catia, PLM(Teamcenter/Enovia/3DX) and good understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance Standards.
- Experience supporting design fit checks during integration and test at the module, sub-system and system level.
- Good understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Exposure to Aerospace Galley Products will be and an added advantage.
- Able to verify accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree with 16+ years or Master degree with 15+ years in Mechanical, Aerospace/ Aeronautical disciplines with relevant Work experience.
This position does offer relocation within INDIA.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:Not an export control position
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6G5BI4 (619)