SE&I Manager, Station Program
Webster, Texas, United States
3 months ago
Axiom Space is building for beyond, guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. The leading provider of human spaceflight services and developer of human-rated space infrastructure, Axiom Space operates end-to-end missions to the International Space Station today while developing its successor, Axiom Station – a permanent commercial destination in low-Earth orbit that will sustain human growth off the planet and bring untold benefits back home.
Axiom Space fosters a diverse environment inclusive of all perspectives. We are the pioneers of commercial space, leading the transformation of low-Earth orbit into a global space marketplace. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic SE&I Manager, Station Program who is fueled by problem-solving, continuously curious, and driven to understand our world, science/technology, and life itself, for the benefit of all on Earth and beyond.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and guide the establishment, update, and control of the top-level Axiom Station concept of operations, architecture design, and system-level requirements to support Axiom Space’s vision and business needs
- Establish and oversee a robust requirements management process, ensuring that all engineering activities align with internal and customer requirements.
- Lead and guide allocation and flow down of system-level requirements to the subsystems, enforcing compliance and ensure requirements are accurately linked
- Maintain and lead the requirement change process
- Lead and guide implementation, update, and control of Axiom Space Station interface requirements, including:
- External interfaces between Axiom Space Station, the International Space Station, visiting vehicles, Axiom Extravehicular Operations, and others
- Internal interfaces between the Axiom Space Station Subsystems
- Participate in system level life cycle reviews and help establish, in coordination with internal and external customers, entry and success criteria for each review based on tailoring from NPR 7123.1C (NASA Systems Engineering Processes and Requirements) and other sources
- Lead definition, development and execution of Axiom Space station Verification and Validation:
- Establish initial V&V approach
- Define verification and validation objectives
- Flow down to subsystem V&V requirements
- Define supporting V&V activities
- Execute V&V and capture results in Verification closure notices
- Review verification records (test plans, test reports, analysis reports, inspection reports, etc.) to ensure the appropriate rigor
- Lead and guide creation and ongoing updates to an integrated Axiom Space Station performance assessment, showing margins and consumables management analysis for power, water, thermal rejection, and other critical resources. Implement Technical Performance Measurement and Margin Management approaches.
- Participate in operability, reliability, maintainability integration, analysis and verification
- Encourage a culture of innovation within the engineering teams, fostering the development and adoption of new technologies and methodologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, science, or related field
- 15 years’ experience in SE&I, 5 years in a management position or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience developing aerospace systems, especially commercial space systems
- Experience working with systems engineering tools and environments, to include requirements management (Doors, DNG, Cradle, Jama), Model Base Systems Engineering (Sparx EA, MagidDraw) and digital engineering.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field
- Strong understanding of NASA program, processes, operations, and architecture from a commercial provider perspective
- Experience with space station or integrated, human-rated systems
- Experience with the Atlassian software suite or other agile development tools
- INCOSE or similar Certification
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
Physical Requirements (For Technicians or others, this may require edits)
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.