Supply Chain Planning Specialist
United States-Utah-Clearfield, United States
3 months ago
DescriptionAt Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems, a leading provider of small and micro-satellites, satellite components and subsystems, missile defense and strategic missile propulsion, a leading producer of lightweight space deployable and solar arrays. The firm is dedicated to being pioneers heading the front of technology and space program expansion and values driven individuals committed to the same vision.
LMDS has an opening for a Supply Chain Planning Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Magna, Utah
Top position responsibilities may include:
- Defines and develops material strategy.
- Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products.
- Participates in make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management.
- Analyzes and aggregates supply / demand requirements. Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools.
- Plans inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements.
- Assesses rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements.
- Creates/reduces supply requirements based on inventory adjustments.
- Participates in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs.
- Interfaces with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed.
- Creates/releases requisitions.
- Receives/reviews requirements for non-standard parts. Analyzes lead times and identifies critical path procurements.
Basic Qualifications for Supply Chain Planning Specialist (SCPS)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of supply chain, business management, finance and/or business experience, or a Master's Degree and 1+ years of supply chain, business management, finance and/or business experience (e.g. cost account management, supplier financial reporting/forecasting and supplier/program/product scheduling).
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite with expertise in MS Excel
- Demonstrate success in managing complex problems and driving solutions related to program execution
- Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Project Management
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Previous Control Account Manager (CAM) experience or training
- Risk mitigation experience
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.