Kent, Washington, United States
3 months ago
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. A key ingredient to making reusable systems is the ability to fabricate high quality parts and embrace quick iteration. As an Aerospace Welder you will be responsible for the fitup and welding of critical rocket components and related ground tooling. You will interpret drawings and operate manufacturing equipment to create jigs and customs tools as required. You will work both independently and closely with engineering. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Fit, tack, and weld of aerospace components (CRES, INCO, Ti, Al) with GTAW and LBWFabricate from models and drawings
- Self-design and build jigs/fixtures using Mill/Lathe
- Operation of industrial equipment (forklift, crane, etc)
- Precision measurement and reporting of pre/post-weld dimensions
- Troubleshoot issues and work independently
- Source tools, tooling, and equipment
- Maintain clean and efficient workspace with frequent re-organization
- 5+ years of experience with GTAW of critical weldments
- Demonstrated ability to pass rigorous weld specifications (AWS D17.1 or similar)
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to work second shift and weekends as needed
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight space
- Able to withstand repetitive movements, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 2 Range: $31 - $47/hour
- Level 3 Range: $38 - $57/hour
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.