Senior Engineer- MTS - Cyber Security Systems - Richmond, BC
3 months ago
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior System Engineer - Security in our Geointelligence Engineering Team at our Richmond office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs.
As a member of the Engineering team you will work on our programs such as Chorus Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Satellite, Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC), Square Kilometer Array (SKA) radio telescope, Aeronautical Navigation products, and Marine Insights products. You will work as part of a technical team to develop new capabilities, enhance existing capabilities and deliver solutions to our customers.
As part of your growth and development we will work with you to establish your development actions alongside regular progress reviews. You are likely to move through various projects to gain the experience and knowledge to progress your career with us.
As part of the MDA Security Engineering team, the Security Engineer provides insight into vulnerability management and response within complex information systems. Specifically this includes analyzing target environments identifying potential security vulnerabilities, policy violations, unexpected or undesired behaviour and activity. As part of an overall engineering team the Security Engineer works ensures that the solutions delivered address the security target and complies with applicable policies, procedures and standards. This work also includes the definition of the target security posture and/or the security requirements for projects and solutions during their definition and development.
The successful candidate will provide cyber security expertise in the pursuit of business opportunities and in the execution of our programs.
- Work with development and operational staff to coordinate network vulnerability and compliance scanning;
- Apply knowledge of IT infrastructure to facilitate the process of evaluating security risks and controls;
- Evaluating, analyzing, developing, testing, and recommending specific solutions in response to specific security guidelines or industry best practices;
- Ensure continuance of a secure operations by participating with service delivery units in the delivery of new products and services;
- Verify operational activities and initiates investigations in response to suspicious activity and potential security breaches;
- Support threat-risk assessments;
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the security environment and the associated infrastructure;
- Support the definition of solution security goals and requirements,
- Provide technical support in the secure design of customer solutions,
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the security environment and the associated infrastructure; and
- Prepare and deliver security documents as required.
- Responsible for review and understanding of customer inputs as they relate to Cyber Security,
- Lead the overall security activities including working cooperatively and effectively with a broad range of colleagues, clients, and stakeholders,
- Analyze and synthesize information, assess risks and opportunities, and make recommendations on potential courses of action in order to maintain the overall security posture,
- Troubleshoot various systems both in a laboratory environment as well as well as in an operational environment,
- Support internal and formal technical reviews,
- Monitor system design and provide design advice and analysis,
- Identify Cyber Security risk areas and recommend courses of action
10+ years experience in:
- One or more of these areas: Network Security principles and practice, Vulnerability Analysis, Threat Risk Assessment, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) concepts with hands-on implementation as well as Operating System Hardening,
- Hands-On experience with one or more of the following products: Microsoft Enterprise network suite of software, Alientvault, Nessus, VMware vSphere, ESXi & vCenter,
- NIST 800-115, 800-53, ITSG-33, ISO27001 and ISO27002 standards,
- Implementing and customizing technical security controls in recognized hardening frameworks,
- Information Security best practices,
- Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual,
- OWASP References and SQL Vulnerabilities,
- Current professional security certification, and
- Virtualization Technologies.
- Offensive Security Certified Professional/ Certified Expert (OSCP/OSCE; OffSec);
- Global Information Assurance Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN; GIAC);
- Certified Penetration Testing Consultant/Engineer (CPTC/CPTE; EC-Council);
- Certified Penetration Tester/Certified Expert Penetration Tester (CPT/CEPT; IACRB);
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); or
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Security.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Salary $110,00 - $160,000 based on individual qualifications