Senior Director of Business Strategy - New Glenn (R37495)
Seattle, WA, United States
3 months ago
At Blue Origin, we envision millions of people living and working in space for the benefit of Earth. We’re working to develop reusable, safe, and low-cost space vehicles and systems within a culture of safety, collaboration, and inclusion. Join our diverse team of problem solvers as we add new chapters to the history of spaceflight!
This role supports the development and operations of New Glenn, a single-configuration heavy-lift launch vehicle capable of routinely carrying people and payloads to Earth’s orbit and beyond. Engineered with a reusable first stage and a seven-meter payload fairing, New Glenn is building the road to space.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and adapt New Glenn's (NG's) Strategy, including optimization of the NG Business Unit value proposition. You will identify differentiating capabilities and evolve a chosen portfolio of products and services that bring New Glenn's core capabilities to bear in response to evolving market needs. This leader will apply data-driven analysis, industry knowledge, effective leadership communication, and stakeholder coordination to realize enterprise goals. In this role, you will lead a highly talented team developing analytical/quantitative predictive analysis tools, multi-year product development analysis, and forecasting tools and be responsible for New Glenn's Strategic Roadmap. You will conduct periodic market position and performance analyses with Blue Origins enterprise and NG functional teams.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and require your dedication and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Update program strategy and support the development of revenue generation models and subsequent action plans to craft the NG program
- Maintain strategy for NGBU in partnership with Strategy, Marketing, and Sales (SMS) that supports and anticipates evolving customer needs and requirements
- Partner with the SMS team to grow relationships with Commercial Satellite Customers, the Government National Security and Civil Satellite Community, and the Human Space Flight community
- Close coordination with SMS and Space Systems Development Programs teams to develop Go-to-market and launch options
- Portfolio and Project Selection, coordination of technical feasibility assessments, and development of actionable plans
- Agile Planning and Project Cost and Schedule Analysis
- Closely coordinate with enterprise and NG functional teams to ensure cohesion and common goals regarding NG's strategy roadmap
- Prioritize and Monetize NG revenue sources
- Product alignment to support multi-year financial targets to assure program sustainability
- Evaluate potential new business by analyzing market strategies, requirements, programmatic impacts, and financials
- Work across multi-disciplinary teams to cultivate a culture of leadership and mentoring
- Lead, team-build, empower, and communicate an inspiring vision to the organization
- Track, report, and communicate status, critical path, challenges, and solutions
- Partner with the New Glenn development team to tailor system capabilities to meet emerging needs
- Degree (M.S. in Science/Engineering or M.B.A)
- Minimum of 10 years of professional, relevant working experience in the launch vehicle industry, including recurring launch operations and non-recurring launch system development
- Minimum of 5 years of professional, relevant working experience in developing, shaping, and communicating enterprise strategy within a multi-billion-dollar rocket organization
- Demonstrated experience leading, motivating, and developing teams in a dynamic environment
- Program management experience, including management of budgets, P/L, gross margin, headcount, and business case analysis
- Experience developing enterprise multi-year financial targets and strategy roadmaps
- Experience evaluating market conditions and presenting vision related to launch vehicles
- Demonstrated understanding of New Glenn Product Line, capabilities, and opportunities
- Experience leading a portfolio of products or services and go-to-market various planning
- Capture and pipeline management at various acquisition sizes, building revenue opportunities
- Experience with government agency budgets, investments, and acquisition processes
- Familiarity with Congressional agencies, including the House Armed Services Committee (HASC) and Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC); in-depth understanding of their influences on market forecasting and time-to-market scenarios
- Understanding the commercial satellite market influences insight and knowledge of customer needs
- Experience working with diverse teams to develop enterprise solutions
- Must have and be able to maintain a U.S. Government Secret Clearance and SCI
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- High emotional intelligence, driven, tempered, and results-focused leadership
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Chief of staff to the President or CEO within the spacecraft/launch services industry
- Demonstrated proven understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- A demonstrated ability to shape and influence company activities via strategic analysis
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and to the professional development of the team or workgroup
- Proven experience related to aerospace/defense mergers and acquisitions.
- Engineering, Operations, and Product Lifecycle background, including systems integration and technical project management
Don’t meet all desired requirements? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every desired qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, paid parental leave (must be employed at time of birth or adoption), short and long-term disability, 401(k) with a company match of up to 5%, and an Education Support Program available after 1 year of service.
Paid Time Off: Up to four (4) weeks per year based on weekly scheduled hours, and up to 14 company-paid holidays for all regular employees (including part-time), fixed-term, and interns.
Discretionary bonus: Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses in addition to base pay. Bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Washington Fair Chance Act, the California Fair Chance Act, the Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, please reference the CA Applicant Privacy Notice here.