Electro-Mechanical Assembler- Tech
3 months ago
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth.
Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more. We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Electro-Mechanical Assembler to join our Operations team at our Brampton office. With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
- Assemble, repair, rework and/or troubleshoot complex electromechanical assemblies
- Adhere to all applicable NASA, IPC and MIL standards.
- Maintenance of system file and tracking assembly documents
- Ensure all tasks are completed to customer’s required delivery date
- Generate Non-Conformance Reports
- 3 - 5 years' experience in the Electro-Mechanical field
- Previous experience working in MIL-STD, AS 9100 environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing an asset
- College Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical technology, technician or equivalent
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong Electronics and Mechanical background including assembly and troubleshooting Electronic/Mechanical devices
- Familiarity with reading and understanding technical drawings and schematics
- Thorough understanding of techniques in the use of hand tools, soldering, crimping and measurement equipment
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work within a team environment
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there. We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR. MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations.
As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.