Sr. MTS - Ground Software Engineers
3 months ago
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Ground Software Engineer/Member of Technical Staff (MTS) on our Robotics & Space Operations team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As our Senior Ground Software Engineer/MTS, you will be instrumental in using your skill and experience as part of a team to design, implement, maintain, and test software solutions that are modular, extendable, testable, and efficient. You will work on web based ground control software, simulators, and test tools to support control of robotic arms, rovers, and other robotics in space. You will lead difficult and complicated subsystem designs and implementations helping to grow the skills of more junior teammates through mentoring and coaching.
As part of a team:
- Lead designs for ground control software, simulators, and test tools for robotic systems in space
- Ensure designs are documented and well communicated
- Lead and participate in implementation and testing of software solutions
- Review the work of teammates (senior and junior)
- Mentor and grow the skills of more junior team members via conversations, review of work products, explanation of design tradeoffs, etc.
- Lead estimation efforts for new tasks
- Collaborate with other seniors and management on the establishment, evolution, and enforcement of standards for coding, tools/environments, processes, etc.
- Other duties as will be assigned from time to time by management or a team lead
- Proven ability to design and implement software solutions on Windows or Linux
- Strong knowledge of one or more of:
- C# ASP.NET Core
- Automated testing
- Agile development environment
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
- Test driven development (TDD, ATDD, BDD)
- Continuous integration/build automation
- Python and Lua would be an asset
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.