Software Developer C Linux Networking (SpaceGate)-Space Business
3 months ago
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Thales Alenia Space (Thales 67%, Leonardo 33%) will support the delivery of high-speed broadband across Europe as well as connectivity services by providing the SpaceGate ground connectivity solution to EUTELSAT KONNECT VHTS satellite.
The SpaceGate satellite access network solution, designed for High Throughput and Very High Throughput satellites, will provide a wideband connectivity with the best spectral efficiency, significantly increasing the EUTELSAT KONNECT VHTS ground segment performances.
- Undertakes the design and development of applications using templates and tools.
- Assists as part of the team on the design of components of larger systems.
- Produces detailed designs including, for example, physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes and backup, recovery and restart procedures.
- Puts skills and project experience into practice and provides support to less experienced colleagues.
- Master Degree in Computer Science (or similar) or Bachelor Degree and relevant experience
- Knowledge and expertise developing applications for Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of Internet communication protocols and routing
- Knowledge in any code versioning solution (Eg.: Git, ClearCase, SVN)
- Able to propose good practices and improvements for existing software development processes
- Fluency in English
Would be a plus:
- Prior experience with CCSDS (Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems) protocols and/or DVB-S2 (Digital Video Broadcasting – Satellite – Second Generation)
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Agile processes and Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflow
- Software architecture skills
- Intercultural communication, including the ability to work in an international team
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Flexibility and availability to travel abroad (minimum 3 months at the beginning of the project)
YOUR CAREER AT THALES
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
YOUR IMMEDIATE BENEFITS
24 holiday days a year
A good work-life balance which includes flexible working hours and remote work
A comprehensive compensation and benefit package including medical & life insurance coverage
Performance & yearly bonusesAt Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!